Thursday, February 19, 2009

Thinking and Panicking

Well, if there is anyone I haven't told yet...I was accepted into grad school!!!! I even got a scholarship for my first trimester! Whew! Now that I have been accepted, I am panicking about my last semester at SU because if I don't graduate, I don't go to grad school. I get good grades, my GPA is nothing to sneeze at, but somehow knowing that grad school and the rest of my life depend on this semester make me panic daily about my grades! Just what I needed, more to worry about!

My wonderful sister posted a photo of my ex and me on her blog from a little over 5 years ago. The gesture was nice and I love her for thinking of me. The only problem is that I was about 70 pounds lighter and had no visible wrinkles then. Hmmm. I thought when you gained weight it was supposed to hide those wrinkles. Anyway, now I am thinking about the crappy way I eat and the fact that I don't go to the gym and, and, and. Maybe I just think too much.

1 comment:

Kelly Hill said...

Woo-HOOOOO!!! That's so incredible. Congratulations! And just like my daughter's school counselor told her yesterday ... "when you're about to take a test and you panic, you start to worry that you haven't learned enough... just take some deep breaths and trust your mind that it's all in there, ready for you to use it." See there, no reason to be scared of one itty bitty semester, you've obviously proven that you have the knowledge and ability to pull it off.

Again with the 70 lbs! You look great! There are certainly more important things to worry about besides wrinkles and poundage.... but I do understand. I'm heavier now than ever and I hate it, but I love myself. I know that at some point I'm going to give up the extra comforting pounds and deal with my emotions in a healthy way. Until then, I'll remain fat and happy!!

You look beautiful then and now! Be nice to yourself.....