Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Is It Here or Did It Go?

Well, it is a beautiful day in Syracuse today and I am doing my best to at least observe the sunshine through the windows in the student center. I thought I had a good idea a few years ago. I thought I wanted to completely change careers and finally do something I enjoyed instead of something that made me miserable. I decided exactly what I wanted to be when I grew up, (finally at the age of 41), and I gathered up all of my courage and went back to school, full-time. Now, at that time I was so proud of my decision and although I knew it would be a lot of work, I felt I was up to the challenge. I continue to feel that I am up to this challenge, 3 years later...until the end of the semester arrives.
"What the hell was I thinking" are the first words that usually come to mind this time of year. After that usually come "Am I crazy?" Both followed by the most colorful language I can think of. Today happens to be one of those end-of-semester type days and I am once again questioning my sanity. If anyone has any opinion on this subject, please feel free to comment because I personally feel like my sanity has completely left the building.

2 comments:

Marly said...

You are totally and completely insane. And I love you. ;)

Unknown said...

Who needs sanity? No one is sane at finals time, at least you know you're not alone! At this time of year I'm fully confident in my insanity, i just warn my friends lol

The good news is, you can totally do it. Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, swimming, swimming