Saturday, September 6, 2008

Perfection


Tonight, with dinner, I had some sliced tomatoes. I don't know about you but I think tomatoes are about the best thing to come out of the ground. I will admit that I like almost every vegetable ever grown but I absolutely LOVE tomatoes. Think about all of the things you can make with them! Sauce, soup, sandwiches, salads, the list goes on. I never get tired of tomato sandwiches, I could probably eat them at all three meals and be happy. Not only can you use them in so many different ways but you don't even have to cook them if you don't want to! Another thing about tomatoes, you don't have to peel them. How great is that?! Probably by now you have gotten the idea that I think tomatoes are pretty great. (You would be correct.) I only have one complaint. How could something that is so perfect be so darn hard to cut? What is with the whole squishing when you cut them thing all about. How are you supposed to keep the seeds inside of the slice after you cut it? I am trying to figure out how something so good can be so hard to prepare. What is up with that? It was almost the perfect food.

4 comments:

Kelly Hill said...

Apparently you haven't heard of the Ginzu! Don't you, in all your free time, watch those super infomercials? Yep, you could even cut through a soda can. If you're anything like me you have those needs constantly!

I love a fresh tomato, but it has to be 'almost' ripe. I hate the squish. So, get a crisp tomato and a sharp knife and get them together.

Nikki said...

nik1964I hate hard tomatoes. Yuck. I don't have a Ginzu either. I might have the need to cut cans though...

Kelly Hill said...

First off: is that your password? Could I really hack into your account??!?

Gushy tomatoes suck! Wanna battle? : ) I guess a Ginzu word work for squish too, go ahead and order one... I bet you'd get two for the price of one, and a free orange peeler or something! Can't go wrong there...

Nikki said...

You have to wait for me to get my Ginzu before we can battle! I don't know how that got in there...what is up with that? I thought it was supposed to be a secret. Why did they let that show up? Do I have to change it now? No, it is not my password though. :)