Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Why???

I struggled through the required calculus and statistics, (2 semesters of each), and managed to pull off pretty decent grades. I had the biggest party you could ever imagine celebrating the fact that I was all done with math classes and NEVER had to deal with them again. I sold my math books and gave my $100 calculator to my mom. This semester I am taking not one but two classes that have more math in them than my math classes did.

Why does a physical therapist need physics? Why do I need trig. and algebra for human motion? I understand all of the concepts and can tell you exactly what is going on with everything I have learned but I just can't do the math. Has anyone out there ever been to a physical therapist? Did he/she do math? (Hard math!) And can I help it that my mind is better at "other" things and not math. (Did I mention that it was hard math?)

I had to ask my mom for my calculator back.

1 comment:

Kelly Hill said...

I flunked pre-algebra twice. Once in junior high and once in high school. Go Kelly! And I've never been to a physical therapist. I guess I have no business responding to your post... except to say HI and I've missed you!