Friday, September 5, 2008

More Softball Time...again

Guess what? Softball starts again tomorrow! Practice tomorrow and then double headers every Sunday for the next 6 or 7 weeks. Remember when I talked about softball in the really cold and crappy weather? That was technically summertime. Summer is officially done now and not only was it 94 here today but it is supposed to be about the same this weekend. What the heck is up with that? Sorry, hot, cranky and rambling.

I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts about sleep? It has been a tad bit elusive lately and I have run out of local suggestions. I go to bed at a decent time feeling exhausted, (sorry kjae, no lesbianesque activities), but don't seem to fall asleep for 2 hours or so. Guess what? After hours of school, working, spending time with KC and homework...I am getting a little frustrated not to mention cranky.

I watched Stand Up For Cancer tonight. Finally, something on all three networks that was worth being there. I know that many of you are in the same boat I am and can't even list all of the people you have lost to cancer. Perhaps someone reading this had/has cancer. Call the number and just give $5. Every bit helps and this is a war we have to win. This enemy is killing more people every 2 days than the twin tower bombings did. This isn't a war that needs to split us like the others in the world...it needs all of us to fight together.

Sorry to go off like that but just thinking of the people I have lost makes this near and dear to me.
Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

Kelly Hill said...

How about you and I get together. Not for lesbianesque type activities, but because I can't seem to wake up! Seriously, a solid 12 hours through the night and another 3 hour nap. Not very practical for a mother of three. Argh! I wish I had some ideas for you. Have you taken any meds? Good luck!