Friday, August 29, 2008

Softball Wrap-up... sort of

For those of you who are curious about the whole softball thing, the season is finally over. I think I am a good fan. As I have stated before, only the Syracuse mail carriers have anything on me as far as the elements. I don't think anyone yells louder than I do. (Much to KC's chagrin.) I wear the appropriate colors for the appropriate team. I also pride myself on cheering for all of the girls, not just KC. That is my story and I am sticking to it. (For those of you who know her, KC will tell a different story... she is young, don't believe her. My version is the correct one.)

Fall ball will be starting soon. Syracuse really doesn't have a fall. We have summer and winter. (OK we have nice foliage somewhere in the middle) We also have a 50/50 shot of playing in both of those seasons. (I am presently looking for my winter jacket and gloves.)

KC tried out for 2 tournament teams for next year. (If she doesn't make them she will play for the same JD team.) She is excited about them but we haven't heard anything from either team yet. They are supposed to call either way but nothing yet.

Since I am the non-sequiter queen, I will skip to letting you know that all of the sudden my Facebook account has taken off and I now have a run of people trying to "friend" me! I feel pretty good about this. I know it probably says something really not so hot about me that I am happy about "friending" but there is something about that little message saying "XXX wants to be your friend!" It isn't that I don't have real friends, I do, but seeing that little message in my in-box makes me smile. The other thing that makes me smile is that many of the people "friending" me are over 30! I felt like the kid whose siblings tell them they are adopted. I felt like the only person over 40 on all of Facebook. (I know Facebook has millions of people in tons of countries but I swear I was the only middle aged person there for a while!)

KC starts school Thursday. My baby will ride a bus for the first time ever and will be starting school in a different district. I am not worried because KC is probably the most social person I know and can make friends anywhere, and in about 2 minutes flat. She already knows what she is going to wear to the first day of school and where and what time the bus comes. She knows she is going to buy her lunch, NOT bring it and she has all of her school supplies. All and all, KC is way more prepared to start 7th grade than I am for her to start 7th grade!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Kelly Hill said...

My girl just started 8th grade. I'll bet her and KC would be great friends, only my girl is into music and reading, not so much the sports thing. That's great that she's excited to start school. Wish her luck!

Nikki said...

Thanks Kjae, KC is VERY into reading as well! She is an avid reader and usually has 3-5 books going at one time. She does like music and plays the trumpet as well. Wish your little one luck from us as well and thanks for reading!!

I bet we would all be great friends!!!